You will need
- Large mixing bowl
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Rolling pin
- Wire rack
- 250g flaked almond
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 2 medium size free-range egg white
- Preheat the oven to 130˚C/Gas mark 1/2. Lay the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine in the large mixing bowl flake almonds, icing sugar and orange zest. Add egg whites and mix well.
- Transfer almond mixture to the baking sheet and spread evenly. Cover with sheet of baking paper on the top and using rolling pin gently roll until Florentines became very thin.
- Remove baking paper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.