Avocado and poached egg on toast must be one of the healthiest ways to start your day. This breakfast barely requires any effort, and above all, it is super delicious. This recipe will bring smiles to the family on a Sunday morning.
You will need
- Slotted spoon
- Small cooking tray
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and destoned
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a small cooking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and pop in the oven for 10 minutes, or until softened and just starting to split.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado and layer slices on top of each the toast. Season with salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- To cook poached eggs, fill a saucepan halfway with water. Add vinegar and bring to the boil. Then reduce heat and crack the eggs very close to the surface and gently drop each egg into the water. Stir water to form a whirlpool. Cook the eggs for 3-4 minutes for the yolk to still be runny. Then use a slotted spoon to remove from the water gently and drain on kitchen paper.
- Set the poached egg together with cherry tomatoes on the top of each toast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle gently with chilli flakes and enjoy!