This delicious Avocado toast with roasted tomatoes is a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack, and it couldn’t be easier to make. Smashed avocado with ground cumin takes this avocado toast to a whole new level. It’s the wholesome avocado toast recipe you’ve been looking for. Expect nothing less than softly yielding, ripe perfection.
You will need
- Cooking tray
- Large bowl
- 2 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of harissa seasoning
- 2 ripe tomatoes, halved
- 2 branches of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place all tomatoes on a small cooking tray and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until collapse.
- Place the avocado in a bowl and add garlic, lime juice, salt, ground cumin and black pepper. Mash with a fork or potato masher. It should be a bit chunky.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toast. Top avocado toasts tomatoes. Garnish with fresh herbs, and sprinkle with harissa seasoning. Serve with some lime wadge.