Filling and satisfying Butter Bean, Chickpea and Avocado Salad. It’s healthy and ready in minutes! And most likely you have all ingredients at home. There is no better way to celebrate the arrival of spring than making a gorgeous Butter Bean, Chickpea and Avocado Salad. I know that the weather hasn’t quite caught up with the spring season yet. But If the weather is not there, why not to enjoy summer on the plate?
You will need
- Large bowl
- 400 g (14 oz) butter beans, cooked and rinsed
- 400 g (14 oz) chickpeas, cooked and rinsed
- 140 g (5 oz) black olives, halved
- 200 g (7 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) feta cheese, diced
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of basil pesto
- 2 avocado, peeled and destoned, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- A handful of rocket washed
- A handful of baby spinach washed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place in a large bowl butter beans, chickpeas, black olives, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cumin, nutmeg, basil pesto, lime juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well combined.
- Toss in the baby spinach, rocket salad, avocado, olive oil. Divide between individual bowls and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Enjoy!
- Note, if you are planning to premade this salad: After cutting up avocado, I tossed it in the lime juice then added the avocado and the juice to the salad. It will help with the avocado not turning brown before serving.