This healthy and super easy Caprese avocado toast recipe is all about our cravings. Mine are always tomatoes and basil. Caprese sandwich is all about those two ingredients accompanied by fantastic Macroom Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese.
You will need
- Large bowl
- Potato masher or fork
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and deseeded
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 of small garlic clove, minced
- 1 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pack (125 g/4 1/2 oz) Macroom buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Few fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the avocado in a bowl and add minced garlic, lime juice, salt and black pepper. Mash well with a fork or potato masher. It should be a bit chunky.
- Spread avocado over the toast. Top each toast with sliced mozzarella cheese and plum tomato. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and gently sprinkle with chilli flakes. Enjoy!