Carrot and coconut soup is a satisfying bowl of goodness. You will need just a few ingredients to make this super tasty soup.
You will need
- Large pot
- Hand blender
- Frying pan
- 800 g (1 lb 12 oz) carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 750 ml (1 1/4 pint) of coconut milk
- 350 ml (12 fl oz) of water
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Few twigs of mustard cress
- 4 tbsp of pine nuts
- Melt the butter in a large pot with thick bottom. Add rapeseed oil and saute chopped onion with minced garlic over medium-high heat until they softened.
- Add carrots with coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until carrots softened.
- Using a hand blender blitz the soup until smooth and creamy. Finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set frying pan over a medium-low heat. Put the pine nuts in dry pan and cook frequently stirring, until golden in spots, about 3 minutes.
- Warm carrot and coconut soup ladle into the soup bowls and garnish with mustard cress and pine nuts.