Chicken Caesar Salad without a doubt, it is the most popular salad in Ireland. The key to the perfect Chicken Caesar Salad is dressing. The recipe below has been checked and tested by many of our satisfied customers in a few different restaurants across the Wild Atlantic Way. You have an excellent opportunity to transfer this amazing Chicken Caesar Salad to the comfort of your home kitchen. Don’t forget to share with your family and friends!
You will need
- 2 x cooking tray’s
- Non-stick frying pan
- Food processor or hand blender
- Large bowl
- 4 heads of baby gem lettuce, washed
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) streaky rasher, cut into the cubes
- 1 Ciabatta, cut into cubes
- 140 g (5 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
Casear Salad Drssing
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 anchovies fillets
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 250 g (9 oz) mayonnaise
- 80 g (3 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 4 x 120 g (4 1/2 oz) chicken fillets
- Few twigs of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4.
- Spread ciabatta over a cooking tray and drizzle over with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt and pop in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- On the second cooking, tray place bacon and drizzle with maple syrup. Toss well and pop in the oven for 10 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, place all Caesar Salad Dressing ingredients into the food processor and blitz well. Transfer Ready dressing into the container and pop in the fridge until needed.
- Rub the chicken fillets with olive oil, garlic, thyme salt and black pepper.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lay the chicken on the pan and leave cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Place in the large bowl baby gem lettuce and drizzle with caesar salad dressing and toss well.
- Divide baby gem lettuce among the plates. Top with croutons and bacon. Cut cooked chicken fillets into small pieces and place them on the top of Caesar Salad. Gently drizzle chicken with some additional dressing. To finish sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, and serve straight away.