Chimichurri sauce is a classic South American herb sauce that’s been steadily growing in popularity across the Irish restaurants. This herby, garlicky, spicy, green sauce is excellent on all kinds of grilled meats and fish. You can also use chimichurri sauce as a dressing for a different type of salads. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
You will need
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Cling film
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of flat parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of oregano, finely chopped
- 125ml of red wine vinegar
- 200ml of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix them using a wooden spoon.
- Wrap in a cling film and set aside for at least 10 minutes before using.