Make this Classic Brioche Recipe for your next Sunday breakfast or brunch. This soft, light and intensely buttery bread is a perfect addition to any family table.
You will need
- Loaf tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Wire rack
- 375 g (13 oz) strong flour
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) warm milk
- 3 free-range egg
- 1 tbsp of fresh yeast
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) butter, room temperature
- Pour half of warm milk in the measuring jug. Add yeast, sugar and small part of the flour. Combine all ingredients with wooden spoon or kitchen whisk. Set aside in warm place for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Combine in the large mixing bowl all remaining dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
- Pour yeast mixture, eggs and room temperature butter. Dust a clean work surface with little flour and knead until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in warm place to rise until double the size.
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a loaf tin.
- Knock back the dough and divide into two even portions. Roll dough into a small ball and place inside the loaf tin. Set aside in warm place for minimum 30 minutes.
- Place the brioche in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Brioche is ready when you can turn it out on a wire rack, and when the bottom is tapped, it should sound hollow.
- Allow brioche to cool down on wire rack before serving.