Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones are a perfect tea-time treat. Freshly baked and, served with good quality butter and raspberry jam.
You will need
- Large baking sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Pastry cutter
- Parchment paper
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) of butter, room temperature
- 5 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp of white chocolate drops
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 170 ml (6 fl oz) full fat milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large free-range eggs
- 70 ml (3 fl oz) milk
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4. Lay the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl. Pour milk and add vanilla extract, and stir until the dough holds together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured table and knead for about 2 minutes, but don’t over mix.
- Shape the dough out to a thickness of 3cm. Using a 6.5cm circular pastry cutter, cut out the scones and place them on a baking sheet. Combine trimmings and, repeat the process until you have used all dough.
- To make an egg wash, whisk egg together with milk in a small jug.
- Brush scone’s with a little egg wash and, place them in the oven. Bake for 20 mins until they have risen and turned a golden-brown colour on the top.