Cucumber raita is a straightforward and easy side dish to be made in the fasting season. Cucumber raita is a lovely, refreshing addition to different varieties of curry and tagine.
You will need
- Large bowl
- Wire whisk
- 450 ml (15 fl oz/1 pint) natural yoghurt
- 1 large cucumber, washed, deseeded and grated
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wrap the grated cucumber in a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess water.
- Place in a large bowl all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour cucumber raita in the airtight container and refrigerate up to two days.