Good old chocolate brownie with white chocolate drops! Duble, chocolate kick! You just can’t beat it. Give it a go and see for yourself. You might be able to make this chocolate brownie under half an hour!
You will need
- Stand mixer or electric mixer
- Large heatproof bowl
- 22 x 30 cm (8,5 – 11 inch) diameter baking tray
- Baking paper
- 325 g (11 1/2 oz) quality dark chocolate (75%)
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz) white chocolate
- 200 g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) butter
- 85 g (3 oz) plain flour
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4 and line a 22 x 30 cm diameter baking tray with baking paper.
- To make a Browne, place the dark chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Occasionally stirring melt the chocolate. Set aside till needed.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with sugar until the fullest volume and gently folded them into the chocolate mixture.
- Sieve flour gradually with baking powder into a chocolate mixture. Add white chocolate drops and gently stir through until well combined.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into the portions.