You will need
- Large mixing bowl
- Small bowl
- Large baking sheet
- Measuring jug
- Wire rack
- 750g strong flour
- 335ml warm water
- 160ml olive oil
- 40g fresh yeast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp of table salt
- 1 rosemary sprig, roughly chopped
- 2 generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- Flour for dusting
- Pour half of warm water in the measuring jug. Add yeast, sugar and small part of the flour. Combine all ingredients with wooden spoon or kitchen whisk. Set aside in warm place for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Place in the large bowl rest of flour, garlic, table salt and mix well.
- Dust a clean work surface with little flour and make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in rest of warm water with olive oil and knead for around 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Set aside in warm place covered with a damp tea towel.
- Grease and flour large baking sheet.
- Knead the dough again but this time press into a rectangle shape.
- Using the rolling pin, roll the dough out to the size of baking sheet.
- Gently brush the focaccia dough with olive oil.
- Using your fingertips make equal holes right to the bottom of baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the top chilli flakes and roughly chopped rosemary sprig. Set aside for 10-15 minutes allowing dough rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 165˚C/Gas Mark 3. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden and focaccia sounds hollow when tapped on the base.
- Cool down ready focaccia on the wire rack, before serving.