Fusilli pasta with tomato and mascarpone sauce is a delicious very creamy dish which makes an excellent midweek family meal. Suitable for lunch or dinner, this fusilli pasta with tomato and mascarpone sauce is a tasty combination of tomatoes and creamy mascarpone cheese that even your little ones will appreciate.
Give it a go and let us know what you think.
You will need
- Large pot
- Large frying pan
- Hand blender
- Large jug
- Large bowl
- 400 g (14 oz) dry fusilli pasta
- 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese shavings
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped black olives
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped green olives
- Few leaves of fresh basil
Tomato and mascarpone sauce
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 g (9 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook fusilli pasta in a large pot of boiling water, with a pinch of salt, for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and gently saute onions with garlic until very soft.
- Place tin chopped tomatoes, in a large jug and blitz them with a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour tomatoes into the saucepan and gently bring to the boil.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and gently stir in mascarpone cheese, seasoning to the taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Drain the fusilli pasta using a colander and place straight away into the large bowl. Stir through the tomato and mascarpone cheese sauce, when pasta is well-coated divide into portions.
- Sprinkle over finely diced black and green olives, parmesan shavings. Finish with fresh basil leaves and serve straight away.