You will need
- Large pot
- Small saucepan
- Hand blender
- 500g garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 2 medium size white onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 750ml milk
- 350ml white wine
- 85ml rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Few twigs of sage
- 12 mussels, washed
- Set a large pot with a thick bottom on medium-high heat. Add rapeseed oil and saute chopped onion with garlic until they softened.
- Add potato, milk and white wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until potatoes softened.
- Using a hand blender blitz the soup until smooth and creamy. Finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add mussels and simmer for 5 minutes before serving. Discard any mussels that don’t open.
- Ladle into the soup bowls and garnish with 3 mussels and fresh sage leaves.