Goat cheese salad with balsamic vinaigrette an incredibly delicious, yet super easy salad recipe!
This goat cheese salad dish is inspired by a recent visit at Copper Grove Bar & Restaurant in Bandon Co.Cork. Perfect place for Sunday lunch with family and friends. Extensive menu offering hearty meals prepared and served with the traditional Irish charm.
P.S. Don’t forget to check the board for daily specials. They are truly inspiring! Well done, Chef!
You will need
- Large bowl
- Wire whisk
- Small cooking tray
- 2 handful of mix leaves, washed
- 1 handful of lamb’s lettuce, washed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 150g soft goat cheese
- 70g creme cheese
- 1 tbsp of truffle oil
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare a balsamic vinaigrette place in a large bowl all ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Set aside until needed.
- To make goat cheese bowls, place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Divide goat cheese mixture into 12 equal portions, and shape them into the small goat cheese bowls. Place them in the fridge for a minimum o 30 minutes.
- Place chilled goat cheese on a small cooking tray. Sprinkle over with brown sugar and using blowtorch gently caramelized. Just like creme brulee.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss gently red onion, mix leaves and lamb’s lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette. Divide salad between plates, arrange on the side of each salad three goat cheese bowls and orange segments. Drizzle goat cheese salad with some extra balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy!