Green and Yellow Beans are a light and delicious side dish to compliment just about any meal, or make a batch for a healthy and crunchy snack.
Green and Yellow Beans are hassle-free and something that can be served as a side, or on their own as a tapas or crunchy snack. These tasty green and yellow beans are a perfect compliment to meat and fish dishes.
This recipe is very satisfying and seriously simple to prepare.
You will need
- Non-stick frying pan
- 250g (9 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 250g (9 oz) yellow beans, trimmed
- 60g (3 oz) butter
- 4 tbsp of fine breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest only
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Set aside a large bowl of ice water.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the green and yellow beans, and cook for about 7 minutes or until tender. Immediately remove all beans from the pot into the ice water to cool them down and stop the cooking process. Drain green and yellow beans using the colander. Set aside until needed.
- Heat the non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and gently roast them on the frying pan. Mix butter thoroughly stirring constantly.
- Put the green and yellow beans into the frying pan and toss them well with the breadcrumbs. Continue frying over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and mix thoroughly half of the lemon zest.
- Divide green and yellow beans into four equal portions. Sprinkle with reamainig the lemon zest and enjoy!