You will need
- Non-stick frying pan
- Small pot
- Large bowl
- 250g halloumi, sliced
- 150g pearl barley
- 300g green beans
- 12 tender-stem broccoli
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of repressed oil
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pearl barley in a saucepan of boiling water following the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside to chill.
- Remove the woody end off the tender-stem broccoli and green beans. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the tender-stem broccoli with green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender. Immediately remove all greens from the pot into the ice water to cool them down and stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl place pearl barley, olive oil, lemon juice and greens season with black pepper and salt. Toss well until combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and drizzle with repressed oil. Cook halloumi 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove halloumi from the heat and set aside in a warm place.
- Divide salad between 4 plates and top with halloumi. Serve straight away.