A satisfying vegetarian Harissa roast carrot, quinoa and halloumi salad are full contrasting flavours and textures.
You will need
- Non-stick frying pan
- Small pot
- Roast tray x 2
- Large bowl
- Baking paper
- 140 g (5 oz) quinoa, rinsed
- 12 1.5cm thick slices of halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp of harissa
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Few leaves of fresh mint
- Few leaves of fresh flat parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4 and lay two roast trays with baking paper.
- Place sliced carrots with harissa into a roast tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss well and pop in the oven for about 25 minutes stirring occasionally
- Put peppers on a roast tray, season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and pop in the oven as well, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in a pot of boiling water following the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside to cool a little.
- Place the roast vegetables, quinoa and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and drizzle with repressed oil. Cook halloumi 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove halloumi from the heat and set aside in a warm place.
- Divide salad between 4 plates and top with halloumi garnish with fresh mint and parsley leaves. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!