This Homemade Rye Bread recipe is perfect for as everyday bread. For thousands of years, man has been enjoying bread, so can you. This recipe is created in the way so that anyone without any experience can bake it alone at home. It’s a game-changer for all kinds of sandwiches, soups or stews. For the first two weeks, I was eating this bread with good quality butter only. Simple Rye Bread and so tasty!
You will need
- Bread tin
- Large bowl
- 250 g Rye Bead Starter
- 400 g rye flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 400 ml water
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- Grease and flour a bread tin or lay with baking paper.
- Place rye flour, plain flour, salt, water and rye bread starter into a large bowl. Combine well all ingredients.
- Put the dough in a pre-prepared bread tin.
- Splash the top of rye bread with cold water. Then sprinkle on the top with remaining seeds and cover with a clean towel. Put the rye bread in a warm place for 12 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4 and pop in homemade rye bread in the oven for 55 minutes.
- The rye bread is ready when the bottom sounds hollow when tapped. Allow bread to cool down slightly before serving.