Honey roast parsnip and coconut soup is so comforting and warming. Very simple to make using just a few healthy ingredients. All you need to do is chop up some parsnips and onions and roast them in the oven. Once they are soft and caramelized, you blitz them with some coconut milk and water, and you’ve got a tasty honey roast parsnip and coconut soup.
You will need
- Roast tray
- Large pot
- Hand blender
- Large bowl
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (20 fl oz/1 pint) coconut milk
- 500 ml (20 fl oz/1 pint) water
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4.
- Place parsnip and honey into a large bowl. Toss well and place into a roast tray. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot with a thick bottom. Saute chopped onion with garlic over medium-high heat until softened.
- Put roasted parsnip and all spices into the pot. Mix well and pour in coconut milk with water. Bring to a low simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand blender blitz the soup until smooth and creamy. Finish seasoning with salt.
- Ladle the honey roast parsnip and coconut soup into the soup bowls and garnish with herbs and bit of olive oil.