Pan fried cod on a bed of couscous salad is a meal that’s light and bright but still satisfying. Beautiful cod fillets are pan-seared and placed atop a bed of couscous salad with seasonal vegetables. You’ll want to keep this recipe in your back pocket because it’s simple, versatile, and easy to enjoy during summer seasons.
Big thanks to Sean Cunningham for this fantastic idea and sharing this recipe with Wild AtlanticTaste. You are a true legend!
You will need
- Non-stick frying pan
- 4 fillets of cod
- 4 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 180g couscous
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 310 millilitres vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- 4 tbsp of toasted flaked almonds
- 120g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 peach, deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- Few fresh coriander sprigs
- Place the couscous into a bowl and mix well with olive oil.
- Pour over the couscous vegetable stock and mix well. Cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, heat the butter until it is bubbling. Add the peaches and continue to cook over medium-high heat for around 2 minutes or until tender. Place brown sugar into the pan and continue to cook until sugar has melted and started to caramelise. Set aside in a warm place.
- Heat a rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan. Season the cod fillets and place them skin-side down on the pan. Cook over medium-high heat for around 4 minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn the cod and cook for further 3 minutes or until the fish starts to flake easily. Time will be depending on the thickness of the fillets. Remove from the heat and set aside in warm place for about 2 minutes to rest.
- Stir the red peppers, radish, spring onions, pomegranate, into the couscous, then season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, and divide between plates, along with cod. Arrange the fillets skin-side up to keep the skin crisp. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds and crumbled feta cheese. Finish with caramelised peaches and few fresh coriander sprigs and enjoy!