Pickled eggs with beetroot simple way to cut waste in the kitchen and also a great addition to many dishes. Or, you can use them as the base for deviled eggs or slice them to serve with a salad. Imagine Ceasear Salad with pickled eggs like this one.
You will need
- Large Jar
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 600 ml of cider vinegar
- 250 ml of water
- 2 beetroot, peeled and halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, bay leaves, garlic, black peppercorns and beetroot in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture into the boil, frequently stirring, until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place all hard-boiled eggs into a large jar. Gently pour the liquid inside the jar and cover. Place pickled eggs in the fridge for minimum 48h before using.