If you’re looking for something different in a potato salad, this Potato Salad with Cucumber and Green Beans is an excellent choice. Beautiful texture of green beans goes hand in hand with the freshness of the cucumber. Addition of capers and vinaigrette makes this salad unique. This simple to make Potato Salad with Cucumber and Green Beans is perfect for barbecues.
You will need
- Wire whisk
- Large bowl
- Large saucepan
- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) baby potato, cooked and cut in half
- 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, shavings
- 450 g (1 lb) green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp of capers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp of cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of Salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, black pepper and salt. Gradually whisk in the rapeseed oil and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender. Immediately remove all greens from the saucepan into the ice water to cool them down and stop the cooking process.
- Place cooked potatoes, green beans, onions, cucumber, and capers in a large bowl. Add dressing and lightly toss. Finish seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste and enjoy!