This is a fantastic linguine pasta with creamy chorizo sauce, prawns and a kick of chili – proper comfort food! It’s so flavorsome, yet so easy to make. Let us know what is your favorite pasta dish.
You will need
- Medium pot
- Medium frying pan
- Large frying pan
- 450g dry linguine pasta
- 20 prawns, shells removed
- 250g chorizo sausage, diced into small cubes
- 250ml single cream
- 40g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rock chive
- Cook linguine pasta in a medium size pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, slice the back of each prawn with a knife to expose the pulp and set aside.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a medium frying pan and saute chilli pepper, minced garlic over medium-high heat until softened. Add chorizo and continue cooking until chorizo browns. Pour cream and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 minutes. Set sauce aside till needed.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and cook prawns on each side for 40 seconds or until the colour turn from dark grey to orange pink.
- Pour sauce into the large pan with prawns and toss well, check the seasoning.
- Drain the linguine pasta using a colander and place straight away into the large pan. Toss together pasta with prawns and sauce until pasta gets a silky coat. Divide into portions and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with rock chive or some other cress. Serve straight away.