Great recipe for Prawn and Saffron Risotto! This prawn risotto is super easy to make and is full of flavorful. If you ever have held back making risotto because it seems too hard to make – this risotto recipe is for you!
You will need
- Large pot
- Large wooden spoon
- Baking paper
- 450 g (1 lb) arborio rice
- 400 g (14 oz) Tiger prawns, cleaned and cut into three pieces each
- 150 ml (5fl oz) white wine
- 1 medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of saffron threads
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of butter, room temperature
- 600 ml (20 fl oz) fish stock or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- 6 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- Let’s start with the garnish. Line the nonstick pan with baking paper and place it over medium-high heat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly onto a baking paper. Keep on the heat for about 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Turn off the heat and remove the paper from a pan, and set aside to cool down.
- Bring the stock, just to the boil in a small pot over medium heat. Then reduce the heat and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and fry for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the saffron and keep cooking for about 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and lightly fry for about 2 minutes or until the grains appear slightly glassy.
- Pour the withe wine and constantly stirring cook for about 2 minutes or until wine is almost absorbed.
- Add your first ladle of hot stock and a good pinch of salt. Turn the heat to low, so the rice doesn’t cook too quickly. Keep adding ladlefuls of stock, stirring and massaging the creamy starch out of the rice, allowing each ladleful to absorbed before adding the next one. It will take around 15 minutes. Taste the rice to check if it’s cooked. If not, carry on adding stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite.
- Add the Tiger Prawns to a saucepan and remaining butter. Cook for about 3 minutes or until prawns is cook. Set aside and stir in parmesan cheese. At that stage, check the seasoning. Cover the saucepan and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the risotto among bowls. Top with grated parmesan cheese and parmesan cheese crisps. Serve straight away!