You will need
- Large pot
- Hand blender
- 550g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 450g fennel, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1,2 litres of vegetable stock
- 100ml single cream
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot with thick bottom. Add rapeseed oil and saute chopped onion with fennel over medium-high heat until they are softened.
- Add sweet potato with vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until sweet potatoes are softened.
- Using a hand blender blitz the soup until smooth and creamy and finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Ladle into the soup bowls and serve with a swirl of cream a scattering of fennel tops.