These sweet potato skins are healthy and full of flavour. If you like, feel free to top them with good quality grated cheese before baking.
You will need
- Large bowl
- Baking tray
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 small tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200 g (7 oz) baby spinach, roughly chopped and wilted
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4. Lay the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 40 minutes, or until tender. When ready, remove from the oven and cool down slightly.
- In a large bowl place chickpeas, butter beans, spinach, cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt and mix well.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a thick layer inside with the skin, it can stand up on its own. Add sweet potato into the bowl and stir in.
- Fill each skin with the sweet potato, and chickpeas mixture. Place back on the cooking tray and pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve sweet potato skins with dip sauce of your choice.