You will need
- Large pot with thick bottom
- Large non-stick frying pan
- Hand blender
- 250g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 courgette, Cut into Sticks
For the red curry sauce
- 400ml coconut milk
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 10g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of red curry paste
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 6 sprigs of coriander
- 3 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large pot with thick bottom over medium-high heat. Add rapeseed oil and saute chopped onion, chilli pepper, and ginger with minced garlic until softened. Add red curry paste, tomato paste, lemongrass and pour coconut milk with vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
- Add fresh coriander and using a hand blender blitz the sauce until smooth and creamy. Finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, red and yellow bell peppers. Cook for a further 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, adding the courgette for the final 3 minutes.
- Ladle Thai red chicken curry into the bowls and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.