My easy Thai Red Curry Paste recipes for making super quick and tasty curries. Check this recipe for yourself and let me know what you think.
You will need
- Frying pan
- Food processor
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 3 tbsp of coriander seeds
- 3 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of fennel seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 red chillies
- 4 cm of ginger, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp of vinegar (rice, cider or white wine)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas mark 4.
- Wrap shallots in the tin foil and pop in the oven for about 25 minutes or until they soften.
- Remove the green ends from the chillies and cut them into pieces. If you don’t want your curry paste to be spicy, remove the chilli seeds from the pepper as well.
- Place a small frying pan and pre-heat it over medium heat. Put coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds in a dry frying pan and roast them until they are very aromatic.
- Take out the shallots from the oven and let them cool down.
- Put all the ingredients for the curry paste in a food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
- You can use curry paste immediately to prepare the sauce or divide it into portions (2 tbsp per portion) and freeze for up to two months.