Try out my super easy Thai Red Curry with Prawns. This quick lunch or dinner is ready in minutes, especially when you prepare the curry paste in advance. Check this perfect recipe for weeknight curry, and let me know what you think.
You will need
- Hand blender
- Large pot
- Large saucepan x 2
- Large wooden spoon
- Small bowl
Thai Red Curry with Prawns
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) prawns, can be frozen
- 650 g (1 lb 7 oz) rice
- 1 small white onion, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 flat cap mushrooms, finely sliced
- 6 tbsp of natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Few basil leaves
Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 4 tbsp of homemade curry paste – click here for the recipe
- 450 ml (1 pint) coconut milk
- 450 ml (1 pint) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 medium-sized white onion, diced
- 2 cm (8 inches) of fresh ginger
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, crushed
- Few twigs of fresh coriander and basil
- 3 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine natural yoghurt with freshly squeezed lemon juice and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat rapeseed oil in a large pot with a thick bottom. Add diced onion, ginger and saute them until they soften. Add curry paste with tomato paste, and lemongrass. Continue cooking until very aromatic. Pour coconut milk and tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove lemongrass from the pot, and using a hand blender or food processor blitz all ingredients into the smooth, creamy sauce. Finish seasoning with salt and black pepper, and set aside in warm place.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, place a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Drizzle with rapeseed oil and saute the veggies until soft. Add prawns and pour curry sauce. Gently bring to the boil and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes—finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the rice and curry into six equal portions and drizzle with lemon yoghurt. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!