You will need
- Stand mixer or electric mixer
- Large heatproof bowl
- 6 jars or glasses
- Piping bag
- 150g tiramisu biscuits
- 300ml espresso coffee
- Cocoa powder for dusting
For the tiramisu topping
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 medium free-range egg yolk
- 1½ tsp of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk cream until medium peak. Wrap in the cling film and refrigerate till needed.
- Whisk together mascarpone cheese with vanilla extract. Wrap in the cling film and refrigerate till needed.
- Place the egg yolk and caster sugar in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Gently fold in egg mixture into the mascarpone cheese. Add cream and gently combine until smooth.
- Soak the biscuits in the espresso. Using a piping bag make the first layer of tiramisu mixture on the bottom of the jars. On the top of make a layer of soaked tiramisu biscuits. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients ending with a final layer of mascarpone mixture. Transfer ready tiramisu into the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Just before serving dust with a little cocoa powder and finish with some fresh berries and chocolate.