Classic tomato and basil sauce, great for kids pasta!
You will need
- Large pot
- Hand blender
- 800 g (1 lb 12 oz) chopped tin tomatoes
- 1 medium size onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat in a large pot with thick bottom rapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, minced garlic and chilli pepper, saute until they softened.
- Pour tin tomatoes into the pot and gently bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add fresh basil and using a hand blender blitz the sauce until smooth and creamy. Finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.