Vegan carrot and coriander soup with ginger is an easy low-fat vegan soup recipe that you can serve for a light lunch or snack during the day. Lovely aroma of ginger and ground coriander give a distinct flavour to a basic carrot and coriander soup, taking it from ordinary to extraordinary.
You will need
- Large pot
- Hand blender
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch (50 g/2 oz) of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1,1 litre (2 pint) of vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot with a thick bottom. Saute chopped onion with garlic and ginger over medium-high heat until they softened.
- Add carrots with ground coriander and continue cooking for further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the potato and pour the vegetable stock into the pot. Bring to a low simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Allow to cook for 30 minutes or until the carrots are very soft and tender.
- Add fresh coriander into the pot. Using a hand blender blitz the soup until smooth and creamy. Finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Ladle the carrot and coriander soup into the soup bowls and garnish with herbs and bit of fresh cream if you are not on the vegan diet.