You will need
- Waffle machine
- Large bowl x 2
- Large jug
- Wire whisk
- Small ladle
- 250g plain flour
- 150g sugar
- 360ml milk
- 225g melted butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3½ tap of baking powder
- 2 large free-range egg
- Fresh berries
- 5 tbsp of maple syrup
- Preheat waffle machine to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the egg yolk from egg whites.
- Place in the large jug egg yolks, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter. Whisk all together until mixture is smooth.
- Pour slowly wet mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients and whisk until mixture get smooth as possible.
- Whisk the egg whites to a soft peak.
- Place gently whipped egg whites into the wet mixture and combine very gently.
- Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter onto the waffle machine according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Close the waffle machine and cook until the waffle is golden brown on both sides.
- Finish waffles with fresh berries and drizzle with maple syrup and serve straight away.