White chocolate and raspberry tarts are more than enough to impress your guests. They are so the delicious, creamy and full of flavour. The sweet tartness of raspberries combined with rich, creamy white chocolate makes it pretty irresistible. That’s what makes this recipe one of a kind!
You will need
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl x 2
- 6 loose-bottomed tart tin 7cm
- Large baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Large jug
- Wire whisk
- Wire rack
- Few fresh mint leaves
- Fresh raspberries, washed
For the sweet pastry
- 500g plain flour
- 150g sugar
- 300g butter, room temperature
- 3 large free-range egg yolk
For the white chocolate ganache
- 300g white chocolate drops
- 175g single cream
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of caster sugar
- ¼ vanilla pod
- To make sweet pastry sieve the flour onto a clean work surface, add sugar and butter. Using your fingertips, rub in the batter until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture and gently work it together until dough forms. Don’t work the sweet pastry too much at this stage. Flour it lightly ready dough and wrap in cling film. Place in the fridge till needed.
- To prepare the white chocolate ganache place milk, sugar and vanilla pod with seeds together in a saucepan. Heat gently until it just boiling. Pour hot mixture into the large bowl with white chocolate. Mix until smooth, add butter and whisk until it is all incorporated. Set aside in the warm place till needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4.
- Cover each pastry case with greaseproof paper, fill with rice or dried beans, and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out sweet pastry cases from the oven. Remove the rice or beans and take out the lining. Put the cases back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Take the cases out and let them cool down completely on the wire rack.
- Pour white chocolate ganache into the cooled pastry cases up to ½ of their high. Place the raspberries on the top of white chocolate ganache and press gently. Finish with fresh mint leaves. Allow to set at room temperature for 1 hour or before serving.