This easy white wine sauce recipe is ideal for vegetables, poultry and fish.
You will need
- Medium pot
- Hand blender
- Fine strainer
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) white wine
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) single cream
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot with thick bottom. Add rapeseed oil, once is hot saute diced onion with minced garlic over medium-high heat until they softened.
- Add white wine and reduce by ¾. Once the volume of the wine has reduced, add cream and reduce again at least by half.
- Using a hand blender blitz the sauce until smooth and creamy and finish seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Strain sauce through a fine strainer and set aside till needed.
Gluten-Free Hassle-Free Sides and Sauces Vegetarian
Bay leaf Butter cream White wine