This Zucchini pesto with pappardelle pasta is a fantastic showcase for fresh summer food. Awesomely delicious, quick and super easy to make!
You will need
- Large pot
- Large frying pan
- Hand blender
- Roasting tray
- Large jug
- 450 g ( 1 lb) dry pappardelle pasta
- 30 g (1 oz) whole almonds
- 30 g (1 oz) grated parmesan cheese
For the zucchini pesto
- 2 medium size zucchini, washed
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz) almond flakes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- 2 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- To make zucchini pesto Preheat the oven to 170˚C/Gas Mark 3.
- Cut zucchini into small chunks and place them on a large roasting tray together with garlic. Seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in the oven until al dente for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scrape everything from the roasting tray into a large jug. Add fresh basil, olive oil, almond flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a hand blender blitz all ingredients until well combined and set aside till needed.
- Cook pappardelle pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the zucchini pesto in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Drain the pappardelle pasta using a colander and place straight away into the pan. Stir through the zucchini pesto, when pasta is well-coated divide into portions.
- Sprinkle over grated parmesan cheese and whole almonds, finish with fresh basil leaves. Serve straight away.