You will need
- Hand blender
- Roasting tray
- Large jug
- 2 medium size zucchini, washed
- 40g almond flakes
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- 2 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- To make zucchini pesto Preheat the oven to 170˚C/Gas Mark 3.
- Cut zucchini into small chunks and place them on a large roasting tray together with garlic. Seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in the oven until al dente for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scrape everything from the roasting tray into a large jug. Add fresh basil, olive oil, almond flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a hand blender blitz all ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer into a container and keep covered in the fridge no longer than 3 days.